HOW IT WORKS
Essentially we design your figure based on your instructions. You provide a headshot and some general information about the person you would like made as a LEGO® figure.
We then custom match real LEGO parts to your requests and employ subtle customisation techniques to produce the first draft
. The look and feel of the figure will be based on the subject’s personality and hobbies and to a slightly lesser degree, physical features.
Given that you only have a few bricks to ‘describe’ someone in LEGO, it should force you to really think about what makes someone who they are.
Please Read if You Would Like to Better Understand the Brick Yourself Process.
- You only need to fill out the 4 fields: “Character Name; Essential Characteristics; Age and; Gender” to place an order, however if you fill out most of the fields briefly and provide a photo, we’ll generally have a much better chance of producing the type of figure you’re after from the first draft.
. 2. The greater the number of interests you provide about the person, the more versatility we’ll have for creating an interesting and unique figure not to mention something that matches the subject.
3. Try to describe the general facial expression you would like (happy, angry, cheeky for example) and whether they have facial hair or glasses. Please note that facial hair and glasses will make the design more complex, so really think about whether the characteristic helps identify them before requesting either or both.
4. Describe the general style of clothing and colours that best suit them. We may not be able to recreate every outfit out there but it will help us design your figure in a style that suits their LEGO form.
5. Describe specific accessories that identify their interests, such as cameras, ice creams, spanners, roller stakes or mobile phones to give some examples.
6. Perhaps the most important thing to bear in mind when ordering your Brick Yourself figure is that you’re creating what someone would like if they were a LEGO figure which is a very different thing to what a LEGO figure would look like if it was them.
So replicating photos and really specific details is not really what this is about. It’s about recreating caricatures of people, capturing their personalities and interests. For really specific requests such as particular outifits and logos you may want to check out our Premium Figure.
7. It’s also important however, to have have fun with the process. Theme the figure in a creative way if you like. Try to really think about what the person would be if they could be anything be it pirate, princess or illustrious billionaire. If you frame the description so that the figure has a little character, we’ll generally be able to take it a bit further creatively, or at least provide you with some options for you to choose from.
8. To summarize, Brick Yourself Figures blend superb LEGO minifigure design and customisation with a creative spirit, and bold artistic flair. They may seem like just minifigures to most people, but to us they’re artistic creations with each one personally designed and produced with skill, passion and heartfelt devotion.
If you describe your figure simply and according to the instructions above, we’ll be able to make your figure one of our best!